Coast and Ocean
Brian Baird, former California Assistant Secretary for Oceans, is the Director of this program.
Outreach Support: The Coast and Ocean Program includes a dynamic Film and Lecture Series and a leadership role with Ocean Communicators Alliance in San Francisco and Sacramento. In addition, Mr. Baird contributes a regular blog to Green 360 – a blog site aimed at high school students interested in pursuing careers in environmental or green fields.
Focus Issues: The Coast and Ocean Program concentrates on six key environmental themes:
- Support for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)
- Promoting Sustainable Seafood
- Reducing Ocean Trash and Plastic Pollution (i.e. marine debris).
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Watershed Health
- Exploration of the Bay, Coast, and Ocean